Weddings @ MAM
Nothing compares to the soaring elegance of the Quadracci Pavilion for ceremonies and receptions. Wedding parties frequent the Museum grounds daily to use the beautiful architecture, set against Lake Michigan and Milwaukee’s cityscape, as backdrop for their pictures. Your wedding party and photographer will have access to exquisite views, stunning interiors, and a breathtaking, memorable experience.
We handle your wedding in a very special way at the Museum: When a wedding is scheduled, we will not schedule any other events on that evening. This way, the full attention of the staff and building resources are on you and your special day. It also allows weddings to use any or all of the event spaces in the Quadracci Pavilion. Events are available after the museum closes at 5 p.m.–your function can start at 5:30 p.m. or later. All functions need to end at or before midnight.
Windhover Hall is often used for ceremonies and receptions. Cocktail hour can take place on the Baumgartner Terrace adjacent to the great hall (with Baumgartner Galleria serving as an alternate if inclement weather). The Quadracci Suite, perched above Windhover Hall, usually serves as a bridal staging area, Lubar Auditorium for the groomsmen, and the Northwestern Mutual Meeting Room as a staging area for either or both catering and floral. The Schroeder or Baumgartner Galleria is also used during cocktail hour, as Windhover Hall is flipped from the ceremony to a reception hall that can comfortably seat up to 400 guests.
Available Spaces: Windhover Hall, Baumgartner Terrace (*weather permitting), both the Schroeder & Baumgartner Gallerias, Quadracci Suite, Northwestern Mutual Room, Lubar Auditorium, Café Calatrava, and Cudahy Gardens.
Features available to your ceremony and reception at the Museum:
- The expert assistance of the Sales & Events Coordinator
- Burke Brise Soleil, with its 217-foot wingspan, opens, flaps, and closes with the start of your event, the highlight of your choosing, and at the end of the event, weather permitting
- Exclusivity to the Museum; no other events are scheduled on your wedding date
- Museum security is included and ensures a private affair focused on you
- The Quadracci Suite as a bridal staging area with a private restroom, kitchenette, coatroom, and elevator access
- Catering by Café Calatrava, the Museum’s in-house catering service
- Wedding cake, music and entertainment, floral, and special décor referrals
All wedding planners, florists, and bakeries must be approved by the Museum
- Parking: heated and secure with almost 100 spaces directly beneath Windhover Hall
- Fluid guest traffic between Windhover Hall, Baumgartner Terrace, Quadracci Suite, Northwestern Mutual Meeting Room, and the Baumgartner & Schroeder Gallerias
- Access to endless settings, angles, and backdrops for photography
- The Museum can arrange access to either the featured exhibition or the first floor of the Collection.
- Views of Veteran’s Park, McKinley Marina, Lake Michigan, Pier Wisconsin, and downtown Milwaukee
- The Museum’s on-site rental equipment
- Access to Baumgartner Terrace and the West Plaza
- Available 7 days a week
- Photos courtesy of M Three Studio.
Equipment included with rental fee
- Staging: Black 16'x20' stage that includes a single step with railing.
- Tables: 60" round tables that comfortably seat up to (8) guests, 32" round cocktail tables, 6' and 8' tables.
- Chairs: (350) white designer chairs
- Coat racks: (5) and the coatroom (located on the Lower Mezzanine Level) is available for use, if requested.
Additional charges: food, beverage, floral, music, and linens are additional expenses required for your reception. A baby grand piano can be rented for $300.00.
Parking at the Museum is $8.00. per vehicle. You may pick up the costs for your guests or have the guest pay on their own. There are 98 spots available in the Museum parking garage.
Cost for wedding package
May through October
Friday–Sunday $10,000 | Saturday $14,000
November through April
Friday–Sunday $7,000 | Saturday $10,000
Related Links:Rental Amenities & Options
Photo & Film Permission
Photo & Film Licensing