Welcome to the Milwaukee Art Museum. The Museum is committed to providing memorable experiences to every visitor (both on-site and online) and to safeguarding and preserving the art it presents. The policies on photography and filming, rights & reproduction, and the Museum’s website outlined here are in place to ensure that the Museum can deliver on its commitment; please read these carefully.
Visiting the Museum
When visiting the Museum, please respect a few simple rules:
- No touching the artwork: The oil from your hands is damaging.
- No food, beverages, or gum
- No backpacks or large bags permitted in galleries: An unattended coatroom and lockers are available at a fee for storage.
- No umbrellas
- No pens or markers: Sketching in the galleries is welcome, but with pencil only.
- Please silence your cell phones
- Please be watchful of small children. If visiting with a child, read some of our family friendly tips on preparing for a trip to the Museum.
Photography + Film
Individuals interested in licensing images of the Museum for commercial use are encouraged to read the Museum’s licensing policy. Permission must be granted to use images of the Museum in a non-Museum context. For more information, contact email@example.com. For information on “licensing images of the collection” please refer to the Museum rights & reproduction policy.
Photography in Windhover Hall and the galleries is allowed with the following conditions:
- No flash, monopods, tripods, or large camera bags
- Photography of the Milwaukee Art Museum Collection is permitted for private, non-commercial use. Photographs may not be reproduced, distributed, or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever.
- Only works owned by the Museum in its Collection galleries may be photographed. Refer to the text labels located near each artwork: Museum-owned works will have an accession number (e.g., M1973.01) listed on its label. Please consult a Museum Representative if you are not sure.
- All commercial, wedding, and portrait photography must be approved by the Film and Photo Coordinator. For information please contact 414-224-3830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Model Usage Rights
The Milwaukee Art Museum has made every effort to obtain permission to use images of event participants. Participation in any of the Milwaukee Art Museum’s programs constitutes an agreement by the participant and/or the parent or guardian to authorize the Museum to photograph or film participants and/or their artwork from time to time, without compensation, for possible use in publicity, website, and marketing efforts.
Visiting the Museum Website
Ticket Donation Requests
The Museum limits donations of admission tickets to fellow arts and cultural organizations. Qualifying organizations should submit requests to email@example.com.