The Milwaukee Art Museum is committed to providing memorable experiences to every visitor (both on-site and online) and to safeguarding and preserving the art it presents. The policies outlined here, including on photography and the use of drones below, are in place to ensure that the Museum can deliver on its commitments to the art and the community; please read these carefully.
Visiting the Museum
When visiting the Museum, please respect a few simple rules:
- No touching the artwork: The oil from your hands is damaging.
- No food, beverages, or gum
- No backpacks or large bags permitted in galleries: An unattended coatroom and lockers are available at a fee for storage.
- No umbrellas
- No pens or markers: Sketching in the galleries is welcome, but with pencil only.
- Please silence your cell phones
- Please be watchful of small children. If visiting with a child, read some of our family friendly tips on preparing for a trip to the Museum.
- Please be kind to our staff and each other. Respect the directions of the staff, as well as any gallery closures.
- Be mindful of maintaining a safe social distance between yourself and staff or other visitors.
- Declare that you are currently not exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19. If, after making this reservation and prior to your Museum visit, you become ill or learn that you have been exposed, please contact us at 414-224-3200 or email@example.com to reschedule your visit or arrange a refund.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) operators must comply with the regulations issued by the FAA, and these rules:
- Drones may not be flown within 100 feet of Milwaukee Art Museum buildings, including the Santiago Calatrava–designed Quadracci Pavilion.
- Drones may not be flown within 25 feet of people.
- Drones must be flown in a safe manner.
- Drone flights are not permitted inside any Museum buildings or parking garages.
- Drone flights in the park at Museum Center Park are restricted to park hours: 6 a.m.–10 p.m.
- Drone flights that hover directly over an outdoor ceremony or group of people, without their consent, are not permitted anywhere on Museum property.
- Commercial use of drones on Museum property, without Museum consent, is prohibited.
Model usage rights
The Milwaukee Art Museum has made every effort to obtain permission to use images of event participants. Participation in any of the Milwaukee Art Museum’s programs constitutes an agreement by the participant and/or the parent or guardian to authorize the Museum to photograph or film participants and/or their artwork from time to time, without compensation, for possible use in publicity, website, and marketing efforts.
Ticket donation requests
The Museum limits donations of admission tickets to fellow arts and cultural organizations. Qualifying organizations should submit requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.