Since its inception in 1980, Print Forum has maintained a diverse and engaged membership of print and drawing enthusiasts, collectors, dealers, artists, and students.
The group sponsors public lectures by art historians, artists, master printers, dealers, collectors, and publishers; private workshops on connoisseurship and printmaking techniques; and member field trips to exhibitions, artists’ studios, and private collections. The organization also offers opportunities to help build your personal collection. The focus varies for each event and covers a wide range of interests, from old master to modern and contemporary works on paper. Further, Print Forum is proud to provide support for acquisitions of prints, drawings, and artists’ books for the Museum’s collection.
During the 2022-2023 year, Print Forum will offer the following opportunities:
- Expert Series: Erica Walker, followed by a reception (October 1, 2022)
- Tour of The Ashcan School and The Eight: “Creating a National Art” with Chyna Bounds, assistant curator, followed by a tour of After Ashcan: The 14th Street School with Nikki Otten, associate curator of prints and drawings (Winter 2023)
- Viewing of new works on paper acquisitions in the Herzfeld Study Center led by Nikki Otten (Spring 2023)
- Tour of two print rotations in the European Art Gallery S202 and the American Focus Gallery K230, led by Nikki Otten (Summer 2023)
Ready to be a part of Print Forum? Current Milwaukee Art Museum Members at the Donor ($400) level or above, and Members under 35 at the Family or Dual ($95) level or above, are eligible to join.
Benefactor Level Benefits
- The opportunity to engage with other Print Forum members who share your interest in prints and drawings
- The opportunity to participate in unique print-oriented events open only to Print Forum members such as studio visits, visit to print workshops, exhibition tours, and behind the scenes visits in the Herzfeld Study Center to view prints rarely viewed in an exhibition
- The opportunity to support the purchase of a print for the MAM collection through your membership dues
- Access to the knowledge and expertise of the Associate Curator of Prints and Drawings
Philanthropist Level Benefits
- All Benefactor level benefits
- The opportunity to generously provide additional support for Print Forum
Annual membership dues
Benefactor (Under 35)*
*Members under 35 are eligible to join support groups at a discounted rate with a current Museum membership at the Family or Dual ($95) level or above.Donate today »