The Photography Council is devoted to the Milwaukee Art Museum’s photography collection and exhibition program. Membership allows Museum Members with an interest in the art and history of photography (whether a collector, artist, student or enthusiast) to enrich their knowledge of the medium through an annual program of special events.
Ready to be a part of the Photography Council? To be eligible to join, Photography Council members must have an active Museum membership at the Donor ($500) level or above. Members under 35 may join at the Family/Dual level or above. Purchase or renew your Museum membership here.
As a member of the Photography Council, you will be invited to attend lectures with distinguished guests. The Photography Council also hosts studio visits and tours of private collections, as well as seminars on collecting, conservation, and connoisseurship.
- Lectures, panel discussions, and seminars on photography and related topics by prominent artists, critics, curators, historians, and other professionals in the field
- Tours of local and regional artist studios and galleries
- Members-only collection tours
- Members-only receptions at select Museum events
- Annual Event, where photographs acquired by the Museum with Photography Council funds are showcased
- All Benefactor level benefits
- Group or semi-private tour with the Herzfeld Curator of Photography and Media Arts
- Recognition in the membership directory
- Opportunity to reserve early for events
- Priority seating at select events
Friend of the Herzfeld Center level
- All Philanthropist level benefits
- Exclusive preview for every exhibition in the Herzfeld Center before the exhibition opens to the public
- Invitations to events with artists or guests in the Herzfeld Center who visit the Museum
- Annual exclusive event such as a tour of the vault with a curator
- 5 complimentary parking passes for the Museum’s underground garage
Annual membership duesJoin and renew
|Benefactor (under 35)*
|Friend of the Herzfeld Center
*Members under 35 are eligible to join support groups at a discounted rate with a current Museum membership at the Family/Dual ($115) level or above.