Contemporary Art Society
The Contemporary Art Society (CAS) provides a forum for contemporary art enthusiasts and emerging, as well as dedicated collectors to increase their knowledge of and appreciation for contemporary art. Members of this Museum support group experience the best the contemporary art world has to offer today.
Outstanding programs are scheduled regularly for CAS members to network with others who share their passion for contemporary art. These include lectures and events at the Museum, as well as intimate tours and gourmet dinners in the homes of private collectors. CAS members have the opportunity to meet and dine with renowned critics, leading curators, and influential artists. Artists who have recently visited with the group include Tara Donovan, Michelle Grabner, Isaac Julien, Beth Lipman, Michal Rovner, David Schnell, and Dirk Skreber.
Exclusive CAS travel opportunities take members to such spectacular locations as New York, Los Angeles, Miami, and Washington D.C. to visit museums, experience notable art happenings, attend international art fairs, and view world-class private collections.
Most importantly, utilizing funds raised through membership dues and the Contemporary Art Society’s biennial art auction, CAS makes significant contributions of contemporary works to the Museum’s Collection. CAS-supported acquisitions include work by artists such as Erwin Redl, Felix Gonzalez-Torres, Robert Gober, Nikki S. Lee, and Christian Marclay, Jim Campbell, Tara Donovan, Sally Mann, Anthony McCall, Yinka Shonibare, and Thomas Struth.
- Previews and behind-the-scenes tours of the Museum’s modern and contemporary exhibitions
- Opportunities to meet prominent contemporary artists and art experts in an intimate setting
- Invitations to hear from experts about emerging artists working in all mediums
- Private dinners and tours of homes of leading area collectors
- A chance to purchase outstanding works from nationally renowned dealers and galleries
- Travel to world-renowned collections and unique sites not open to the public
Annual membership dues*
Benefactor, Under 35
*Please note, your membership in the Milwaukee Art Museum must be current to be eligible for membership in CAS.Donate Today »