With extensive views of Milwaukee‘s lakefront, Café Calatrava is both the Museum’s daily dining spot and a desirable rental space. Perfect for gatherings of up to 85-125 guests, the café delivers the fine art of dining, offering an ever-changing menu of contemporary cuisine and dynamic, highly adaptable full-service catering. Located below Windhover Hall with easy access to the Museum’s underground parking, Café Calatrava features all the amenities & options available to events hosted in the Museum’s Quadracci Pavilion rental spaces.
Café Calatrava is an invigorating and intimate space–a white marble floor and 270° of cantilevered, floor-to-ceiling windows frame a view from Veteran’s Park to the north, across the inlet passage into McKinley Marina. The Pier Wisconsin and Summerfest grounds to the south offer excellent views for enjoying fireworks. When weather permits, sliding glass doorways provide guests with access to the brick patio of the Sensient Terrace.
Café Calatrava may be rented either by itself or with other rental spaces.
Available to events hosted in Café Calatrava:
- Over 1,200 square feet
- Capacity of 125 people; 85 people seated
- Catering directly from the kitchen of the Café through Catering by Café Calatrava, the Museum’s in-house catering service
- Burke Brise Soleil, with its 217-foot wingspan, opens, flaps, and closes with the start of your event, the highlight of your choosing, and at the end of the event
- Patio access, weather permitting
- Reduced admission to the Museum’s Collection galleries and feature exhibition
- Heated and secure parking on-site
- Available alone or with other rentals, 7 days a week after 4 p.m.
Related Links:Rental Amenities & Options
Photo & Film Permission
Photo & Film Licensing
Planning Your Event
Planning an event at the Milwaukee Art Museum is easy. For detailed information and booking, please contact us at 414-224-3287 or firstname.lastname@example.org.