Art Submission Guidelines
If you are an artist and would like to introduce the Milwaukee Art Museum's curators to your work, please follow these guidelines. You may submit art work in the form of JPGs or a URL where we can view the work online. Please ensure that the images are clearly labeled with the artist's name, title of the work, date and dimensions. We cannot accept actual works of art as the Museum cannot take responsibility for insuring the work.
Submissions that include the following items will be accepted and periodically reviewed by a curator:
- Digital images (JPEG, TIFF, or PDF)
- Image title, date, medium, and dimensions of each work
- Artist CV
- Artist statement
- Original artwork is NOT accepted!
If you are a collector who would like to offer works of art from your collection to the Milwaukee Art Museum, please follow the guidelines below.
- Please provide us with as much information as possible about the work, including artist, date, medium, size and provenance information (history of ownership).
- Please state explicitly if you are offering these works for loan (temporarily sharing them with the museum for exhibition), for sale (please include your asking price and date by which you need a decision), or for donation.
- Please note, the museum cannot identify, authenticate, or appraise your collection. The Museum cannot assist with conservation, preservation, or art handling.
The Milwaukee Art Museum as an institution cannot perform appraisals or authentications of any works of art. The process of reviewing your images may take several weeks. It may not be possible to reply to every submission.
Please note that while we are happy to review your work, our exhibition schedule is planned approximately three to five years in advance, and is carefully balanced to present our viewers with a varied artistic program. Therefore, we are rarely able to accommodate unsolicited submissions for exhibitions.
Thank you for your interest in the Milwaukee Art Museum.
How to submit
Send your material to the Milwaukee Art Museum Curatorial Department to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail.
Attn: Curatorial Department Administrator
Milwaukee Art Museum
700 N. Art Museum Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Please note: The Museum cannot return materials sent by mail.
The curator will make every effort to review the work and respond to the artist in a timely fashion, but no maximum or minimum response time is guaranteed. The Museum is unable to set up unsolicited appointments with the curators.