Since its inception in 1980, Print Forum has maintained a diverse and engaged membership of print and drawing enthusiasts, collectors, dealers, artists, and students.
The group sponsors public lectures by art historians, artists, master printers, dealers, collectors, and publishers; private workshops on connoisseurship and printmaking techniques; and member field trips to exhibitions, artists’ studios, and private collections. The organization also offers opportunities to help build your personal collection. The focus varies for each event and covers a wide range of interests, from Old Master to modern and contemporary works on paper. Further, Print Forum is proud to provide support for acquisitions of prints, drawings, and artists’ books for the Museum’s Collection.
- Invitations to preview exhibitions of works on paper at both local and out-of-town museums
- Opportunities to collect prints and drawings through private viewings with visiting dealers and trips to print fairs
- Member-only lectures and demonstrations by artists and experts in prints and drawings
- Insiders’ tours of renowned print workshops, such as Landfall Press and Tandem Press
- As a special gift, members at the Benefactor or Philanthropist levels also receive a print by a nationally renowned artist from our inventory of commissioned prints (see below)
Print Forum Prints
- Frances Myers, Thin Ice, Low Levees, 2007. Color photogravure. Approx. 16 x 30 in.
- Karen Kunc, Luminous Wonders, 2006. Color woodcut. 12 x 20 in.
- Pat Steir, Untitled, 1999. Color lithograph and screenprint. 11 7/8 x 11 15/16 in.
- William T. Wiley, Little More Than an Idea at this Point, 1997. Color woodcut and lithograph. 27 1/4 x 22 inches.
Annual membership dues*
*Please note, your membership in the Milwaukee Art Museum must be current to be eligible for membership in Print Forum.Donate Today »