12-Hour Member Preview Celebration: Color Rush: 75 Years of Color Photography in America
Thursday, February 21, 2013, 10 AM-10 PM
Be among the first to see the groundbreaking exhibition Color Rush: 75 Years of Color Photography in America. Color Rush takes an expanded view of the twentieth-century emergence of color photography in commercial and artistic contexts, as it celebrates those artists who championed the medium in spite of its challenges.
- Docent-led tours at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., 6 p.m., 7 p.m., and 8 p.m.
- Audio guides available free—details at the admission desks
- Delectable dining in Café Calatrava, 11 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Sandwiches, salads, and desserts from The Coffee Shop, 10 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Exhibition-related merchandise in the Museum Store
- Lectures* at 1:30 and 6:15 p.m. with exhibition co-curator Lisa Hostetler, McEvoy Family Curator of Photographs, Smithsonian American Art Museum; co-curator Katherine Bussard, associate curator of photography, Art Institute of Chicago, will join Lisa for the evening lecture
- Book signing with co-curators, following the evening lecture
- Learn about the Museum's Photography Council at their information table
- Complimentary appetizers, 5–8 p.m.; cash bar, 5–9 p.m.
- Valet available all day at the main entrance
*Lectures are ticketed. Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis from the admission desks starting at 10 a.m. on event day only. Number allotted depends on membership level.
Free for Members; non-members can purchase tickets for $25 starting at 5 p.m.
Last admission sold at 9:15 p.m.
Milwaukee Art Museum
700 North Art Museum Drive