The Milwaukee Art Museum offers a variety of rewarding opportunities to support the Museum as a volunteer, whether you are a student or a retired professional. The Museum’s volunteer program is diverse and flexible, ranging from one-time special events to regular, twice-monthly shifts. Various departments may have specific, temporary needs, while Member and Visitor Services always welcomes the extra help with serving the Museum’s nearly 400,000 annual visitors. The role of the volunteer is to support and enrich the visitor experience.
- Serving as a MAMbassador at gallery entrances throughout the Museum
- Ushering for lectures and films
- Conducting visitor surveys
- Assisting in the Museum library
Upcoming One-Time Special Events
- For ongoing shifts: be available for 2–3 hours, two times per month
- Enthusiastic about providing a positive customer service experience
- Interest in art and/or the Milwaukee Art Museum
- Willingness to learn
- Maintain a clean, professional appearance, and wear comfortable business-casual attire
- Arrive to assigned post on time, and maintain post throughout scheduled shift
- Wear volunteer badge at all times while volunteering in the Museum
- Adhere to all Museum policies, including the Volunteer Program’s Professional Standards, Harassment, and Drug-Free Policy
- Free Museum admission, with volunteer badge
- 15% discount in the Museum Store, with volunteer badge
- 25% discount at the Coffee Shop, Wine Bar, and Café Calatrava, with volunteer badge
- Discount on 5-punch parking passes for underground parking garage
- free tickets and audio guides to all feature exhibitions
- Invitation to annual Volunteer Appreciation event
- Invitation to all Docent lectures, films, daytrips, and more
Start your volunteer application process today! Complete our questionnaire, and within 1–2 weeks of its receipt, we will contact you regarding the status of your volunteer application.
Please contact us with questions.
Make your own schedule! The volunteer program at the Milwaukee Art Museum uses a web-based scheduling system. Current volunteers may access Volgistcs from home or at the Museum.
Log on to Volgistics, our volunteer management system, in order to:
- Sign up for shifts
- Check and update your schedule
- Read volunteer updates, including volunteer newsletters and special events
- Update your contact information
- View your service history
Volgistics Video Tutorial
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about Volgistics.
Login: Volunteer Scheduling