The Milwaukee Art Museum is committed to equal employment opportunity and to recruiting staff that represents the diverse communities we serve. We welcome you to apply for the employment positions listed below.
Job: Full Time
The Controller is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the organizational accounting information and systems, managing and coordinating all accounting functions and maintaining sound internal controls and procedures. The Controller supervises the accounting staff and identifies opportunities for improvement in fiscal infrastructure and processes, while ensuring conformity to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate production of monthly and annual financial reports.
- Develops, maintains and monitors accounting systems, procedures and internal controls.
- Establishes and supervises accounting functions for auxiliary groups ensuring compliance with procedures and internal controls.
- Supervises receivables and cash management.
- Supervises processing and paying vendors.
- Supervises the preparation of support schedules to the general ledger accounts.
- Manages timely audit preparation
- Administer the compilation of, and verify, data for periodic financial, development, administrative and other reports as needed.
- Supervision of payroll
- Maintains and monitors general ledger and budgetary accounts
- Keeps abreast of current trends, practices and developments in the profession
- Meets with internal management to review monthly results by department.
- Assists as needed with the preparation of budgets.
- Prepares journal entries in relation to allocation of earnings to the endowment.
- Assists with preparation of tax returns – Form 990 and Form 5500
- Manage banking relationships.
- Assist as needed with the long term financial plan
- Hiring appropriate staff
- Training, development and management of staff
- Performance management of staff
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should possess the following:
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good judgment
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Discretion with sensitive materials
- Bachelors degree in accounting field, CPA preferred
- Four to six years of experience in accounting field
- Working knowledge of automated accounting systems and reporting tools, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Well developed participatory management and administrative skills, with proven ability to train, and motivate personnel
- Well organized with strong analytical and reasoning abilities
- Well developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
Job: Part Time
Café Calatrava, Milwaukee Art Museum is looking for a part-time line cook. The accepted candidate must have a strong work ethic, be an organized food professional and have a team player mentality. Sanitation of all kitchen work areas is a must. Student or Graduate of Culinary Arts school preferred. Kitchen experience required.
Job: Full Time
General Purpose: Provide security for galleries, public spaces, meeting rooms, offices, storage areas, traffic corridors, and physical plants. Regulate and control traffic through the galleries; ensure the smooth operation of special events and receptions. Strong customer service skills are required. Ability to exercise excellent judgment by carrying out established policies and procedures for security and safety of people, artwork and Museum facilities in a complete, consistent and timely manner. Experience working in dispatch and/or communication centers where duties include monitoring CCTV, access control, fire and life safety systems is preferred. One year minimum, 3 years preferred experience in a position requiring protective, safety and/or security work. Schedule includes varying shifts, overtime, weekends and holidays as required.