I'm a School Chaperone—What do I do?
By modeling good Museum Manners to the students in your group, you will help everyone have a great visit to the Museum!
Encourage your students to:
- Stay with the group so no one gets lost.
- Follow Museum Manners!
- Do not touch works of art
- Throw away food, water, and gum before entering the galleries
- Use pencils only
- Turn off the flash on your cameras and cell phones
- Use inside voices
- Avoid side conversations so your students can hear their docent or teacher.
- Attend to student disruptions. If necessary, remove student(s) from the group and wait at the School Group Entrance until after the tour.
We greatly appreciate your help to create a great Museum experience today for your school!