Fine Arts Society
The Fine Arts Society (FAS) provides a forum for members, collectors, and scholars to share their interest in European painting, sculpture, and decorative arts before 1900. The society sponsors lectures and programs that heighten awareness of Europe’s rich cultural heritage. FAS promotes acquisitions and conservation of European art by means of gifts, donations, and bequests to the Museum’s collection.
Ready to be a part of FAS? Current Milwaukee Art Museum Members at the Donor ($400) level or above, and Members under 35 at the Family or Dual ($95) level or above, are eligible to join.
- Previews and behind-the-scenes tours of exhibitions at the Milwaukee Art Museum and other national museums
- Small group tours and parties at private collections
- Advance notice of lectures and programs offered by experts in the field
- Invitations to special events and trips related to earlier European art
- Opportunities to help select acquisitions of earlier European art for the Milwaukee Art Museum
- FAStrack, the society’s semi-annual newsletter
Past Speaker Highlights
- Richard Brettell, Professor of Aesthetic Studies, University of Texas at Dallas
- Christopher Lloyd, Past Surveyor of The Queen’s Pictures
- Ernst van de Wetering, Director, Rembrandt Research Project
- Arthur Wheelock, Curator of Northern Baroque Painting, Washington, D.C.
Past Trip Highlights (Museums and Private Collections)
- Brussels/Antwerp/The Hague
- Los Angeles/Santa Barbara
- New York
Annual membership dues
Benefactor (Under 35)*
*Members under 35 are eligible to join support groups at a discounted rate with a current Museum membership at the Family or Dual ($95) level or above.Donate today »