Photography & Film Permission
Thank you for your interest in the Milwaukee Art Museum. The Milwaukee Art Museum reviews all filming/photography requests on a case-by-case basis. A review of requests for the Museum to be featured in advertising commercials depends on the nature of the product and context. A request for the Museum to be featured in films depends on the nature of the film.
Personal Photo Shoot
Wedding, engagement, senior, family, pregnancy
Personal photo shoots taken inside the Calatrava are $500 for a 1/2 hour session or $1,000 for a 2 hour session. Michelle McCue, Director of Sales & Events, will block a time frame on our Museum calendar, inform Security & Admissions to allow client(s) and photographer best photo opportunity throughout the Calatrava building, plus a client signed agreement stating these are for personal use only will be required. If the photos are taken outside in front of the building or on the South Terrace, there are no fees or signing of an agreement as long as it does not interfere with any outdoor hosted museum event taking place or any museum visitors gaining access to any entrances. Exterior photo sessions are not permitted while a Milwaukee Art Museum booked wedding is underway, generally after 4 p.m., as they have paid for exclusivity.
Corporate Photo/Video Shoot
Product sale, business head shots, commercial
Corporate photo or video shoots consist of a photo licensing fee, which covers the Calatrava exterior or interior image distribution, and occasionally a room rental fee. All is determined on a case-by-case basis.
- The Museum may not be used as a background shot for a generic museum or gallery to be fabricated later in film.
- Location fees vary. Fee may vary depending and according to the type of publicity/identification the Museum receives. Fee does not include Museum guard/staff costs, which are $40 per hour.
- Location fees are not charged for shoots that are part of newspaper/magazine editorials that promote the Museum. For all media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shooting set-up may not prevent Museum patrons from entering or exiting any entrance of the Museum.
- The museum does not allow photography or filming of the loading dock or art storage vaults.
- Proof of $1 million insurance policy is required prior to the shoot.
- Completion of your request does not imply permission. Permission will be contingent upon review of answers to requested information below.
- You will be notified in advance of Museum approval for your plans and informed of any direct costs related to security, cleaning crew and/or electrical, in addition to location fee.
- Catering by Café Calatrava must be contracted for any on site food and beverage service. No other catering service may be brought on the premise. Individual bottled water is the only exception.
All requests must be submitted in writing 10 business days in advance of requested date.
Requests must include:
- Purpose of project
- Where, how and by whom photography/film/videotape will be published, distributed or aired
- The proposed location within the Milwaukee Art Museum‘s buildings/grounds
- Details of the shoot:
- Number of crewmembers, actors, models
- List of equipment to be used (tripods, tracks, dolly, etc)
- Type of lights
- Need for electrical outlet plugs
- How long filming/photography will take place (number of days or hours)
- Special vehicles (note unauthorized parking is not allowed in any areas)
Submit your request to email@example.com. From there, our Director of Sales & Events along with the Director of Marketing can determine a quote.