The 2013 Scholastic Art Awards:
From DePere to Kenosha, Monroe to Superior, Sheboygan to LaCrosse, students of Wisconsin in grades 7–12 annually inspire with their creativity, skill, and outstanding artistic talents. Over 325 student artworks are featured in the Scholastic Art Awards exhibition in the categories of Architecture, Ceramics & Glass, Comic Art, Design, Digital Art, Drawing, Fashion, Film & Animation, Jewelry, Mixed Media, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, and Sculpture. Twenty-four visual artists and art professionals carefully selected the works from more than fifteen hundred entries, based on the students’ handling of the materials and the expressive execution of the work.
Students whose artwork has earned an award are recognized in awards ceremonies at the Museum. The Silver Key Award denotes special statewide recognition; artworks receiving a Gold Key Award go on to compete with entries from more than seventy-five other competitions throughout the United States for Silver and Gold Medals.
The Scholastic Art Awards program has been recognizing and encouraging excellence in the visual arts throughout the United States for over eighty-five years. Thousands of young people and their teachers have been encouraged and inspired in their artistic endeavors. Many award winners go on to achieve distinction in the fields of fine and applied arts and design, and credit the early recognition they received as a participant in the Scholastic Art Awards.
Gallery TalksSaturday, Feb 16, 1:30 pm
Sunday, March 3, 1:30 pm
With award winning students, teachers and exhibition coordinator Helena Ehlke
Meet at South End of Schroeder West Galleria
Free for Members (or with Museum admission for non-members)
Looking for more images from previous Scholastic Art Awards: Wisconsin exhibits?View on Flickr »
- Cullan Ruecki, Innocence to Fury, 2012 Gold Key in Sculpture, Charlotte Darling-Diehl Instructor, Renaissance School for the Arts, Appleton
- Ana Pardo Lopez, Asian Sunset, 2012 Gold Key in Stained Glass/Design, Rachel Hassler Instructor, Kewaskum HS
- Savannah Mikle, Love, 2012 Gold Key in Sculpture, Ashley Demo Instructor, Pulaski HS, Pulaski
- Maggie Sullivan, Leaves in the Wind, 2012 Gold Key in Glass, Catherine McCombs Instructor, The Prairie School, Racine
- Lisa Zeleske, Celtic Container, 2012 Silver Key in Ceramics, Patricia Reiher Instructor, St. Mary's Springs Academy, Fond du Lac