Be among the first to see treasures from private collections throughout the
Greater Milwaukee area—works of art typically not on public view. Milwaukee
Collects celebrates the breadth of collecting in our community, from
Impressionist paintings to hallmarks of Art Deco design, by artists from Jules
Chéret to Ed Ruscha.
• Docent-led tours of the Collection Galleries at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 6 p.m.,
7 p.m., and 8 p.m.
• Free audio guides—details at the admission desks
• Lectures* at 1:30 and 6:15 p.m.
• Complimentary appetizers, 5 p.m.; cash bar, 5–8:30 p.m.
• DJ Andy Noble spins records of Milwaukee soul, gospel, and jazz music, 5 p.m.
• Milwaukee-themed merchandise and items created by local artists available for
purchase in the Museum Store
* Lectures are ticketed. Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served
basis from Admissions starting at 10 a.m. on event day only. Number allotted
depends on membership level.
1:30 p.m. With Margaret Andera, Curator of Contemporary Art, Brandon Ruud, Abert Family Curator of American Art, and Lisa Sutcliffe, Curator of Photography and Media Arts
6:15 p.m. With Marcelle Polednik, Donna and Donald Baumgartner Director
Exhibition Supporting Sponsors: Sendik’s Food Markets, Leslie Hindman
Auctioneers, and International Autos Group. Additional support provided by these
Milwaukee Art Museum support groups: American Arts Society, Collectors’ Corner,
Fine Arts Society, Friends of Art, Garden Club, and Print Forum.
Free for Members
Non-members may join the celebration at 5 p.m. for $25.
Not a Member? Join today!