Photography & Film Permission
Thank you for your interest in the Milwaukee Art Museum. The Milwaukee Art Museum reviews all
filming/photography requests on a case-by-case basis. A review of requests for the Museum to be
featured in advertising commercials depends on the nature of the product and context. A request for
the Museum to be featured in films depends on the nature of the film.
- The Museum may not be used as a background shot for a generic museum or gallery to be fabricated later in film.
- Location fees vary. Fee may vary depending and according to the type of publicity/identification the
Museum receives. Fee does not include Museum guard/staff costs, which are $40 per hour.
Location fees are not charged for shoots that are part of newspaper/magazine editorial that promote the Musuem.
- Shooting set-up may not prevent Museum patrons from entering or exiting any entrance of the Museum.
- Proof of $1 million insurance policy is required prior to the shoot.
- Completion of your request does not imply permission. Permission will be contingent upon review of
answers to requested information below.
- You will be notified in advance of Museum approval for your plans and informed of any direct costs
related to security, cleaning crew and/or electrical, in addition to location fee.
- Catering by Café Calatrava must be contracted for any on site food and beverage service. No other
catering service may be brought on the premise. Individual Bottled water is the only exception.
All requests must be submitted in writing 10 business days in advance of requested date.
Requests must include:
- Purpose of project
- Where, how and by whom photography/film/videotape will be published, distributed or aired
- The proposed location within the Milwaukee Art Museum‘s buildings/grounds
- Details of the shoot:
Projected date of filming. We must receive request at least 10 business days in advance to make necessary arrangements including scheduling security guards to accompany crews in Museum
- a. Number of crewmembers, actors, models
- b. List of equipment to be used (tripods, tracks, dolly, etc.)
- c. Type of lights
- d. Need for electrical outlet plugs
- e. How long filming/photography will take place (number of days or hours)
- f. Special vehicles (note unauthorized parking is not allowed in any areas)
Submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have additional questions about the Museum’s policy, please contact 414-224-3297 or email@example.com.