12-Hour Member Preview Celebration: Of Heaven and Earth: 500 Years of Italian Painting from Glasgow Museums
Wednesday, October 1, 2014, 10 AM-10 PM
Bellini, Botticelli, Titian—some of the greatest artists from Italy’s rich painting tradition are represented in the rare exhibition Of Heaven and Earth: 500 Years of Italian Painting from Glasgow Museums. Preview exquisite landscapes, narrative scenes, and more spanning five centuries from this stunning collection, at its only Midwest venue.
- Docent-led tours at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 6 p.m., 7 p.m., and 8 p.m.
- Audio guides available free—details at the admission desks
- Lectures* at 1:30 p.m. with exhibition curator Tanya Paul, Isabel and Alfred Bader Curator of European Art, Milwaukee Art Museum, and at 6:15 p.m. with guest curator Peter Humfrey, emeritus professor of art history, University of St. Andrews, Scotland
- Booksigning with Peter Humfrey, author of the Of Heaven and Earth exhibition catalogue, follows his evening lecture
- Sandwiches, salads, and desserts from The Coffee Shop
- Delectable dining in Café Calatrava, with extended hours 11 a.m.–8 p.m.
- Exhibition inspired cooking demonstration with Café Calatrava Chef de Cuisine, Micah Kaufman, 4:30 p.m., Windhover Hall
- Exhibition-related merchandise available for purchase in the Museum Store
- Complimentary appetizers, 5–8 p.m.; cash bar, 5–9:30 p.m.
- Italian olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting courtesy of ORO di Oliva, 5–6 p.m.
- Live music, 5 p.m.
- Fine Arts Society information table
- Valet parking available all day at the main entrance for a fee
* Lectures are ticketed. Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis from Admissions starting at 10 a.m. on event day only. Number allotted depends on membership level.
Free for Members; non-members can purchase tickets for $25, starting at 5 p.m. Last admission sold at 9:15 p.m.
Not a Member? Join today!
Milwaukee Art Museum
700 North Art Museum Drive