12-Hour Member Preview Celebration: Thomas Sully: Painted Performance
Thursday, October 10, 2013, 10 AM-10 PM
Thomas Sully created dynamic characters that play their parts on canvas, in performances staged in paint. Join us for this exhibition on the American Old Master painter organized by the Museum, and see nineteenth-century celebrities and theatrical classics, from President Andrew Jackson to Cinderella, beautifully brought to life.
- Docent-led tours at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., 6 p.m., 7 p.m., and 8 p.m.
- Audio guides available for free—details at the admission desks
- Delectable dining in Café Calatrava, 11 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Sandwiches, salads, and desserts from The Coffee Shop, until 9 p.m.
- Exhibition-related merchandise available for purchase in the Museum Store
- Lectures* at 1:30 p.m. with Carol Eaton Soltis, exhibition co-curator, Philadelphia Museum of Art, and at 6:15 p.m. with William Keyse Rudolph, exhibition co-curator and Dudley J. Godfrey Jr. Curator of American Art and Decorative Arts, Milwaukee Art Museum
- Exhibition catalogue signing, following the evening lecture
- Complimentary appetizers, 5–8 p.m.; cash bar, 5–9:30 p.m.
- American Arts Society information table
- Valet parking available all day at the main entrance for a fee
* Lectures are ticketed. Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis from Admissions starting at 10 a.m. on event day only. Number allotted depends on membership level.
Free for Members; non-members can purchase tickets for $25, starting at 5 p.m. Last admission sold at 9:15 p.m.
Milwaukee Art Museum
700 North Art Museum Drive