Terms & Conditions
We have created this section to make sure you know the Milwaukee art Museum’s rules on the Kohl’s Art Generation website.
Read this section with your family, and talk about it if you are unsure about any part.
- We check everything you send to us before it goes online to make sure that it is suitable for everyone. We make sure that your work is not rude, harmful or scary for other users. We have to decide what stays and what goes.
- We believe who you say you are, so don’t pretend you are someone else—it might upset that person and it might get you into trouble.
- Any stories or comments you read on the site are from other users like you. We won’t tell you what to write or think—that is up to you (as long as it’s not rude harmful or scary, remember).
- If you send us your work, it means that you and your family are happy for us to use it anywhere, for any length of time. Imagine – your work could be on the Kohl’s Art Generation homepage forever!
- When you send us your work, it should be work that you have created yourself, but if it isn’t, you really should ask the person who owns it. If you didn’t make it yourself, you need to tell us who did. That’s it.
Now here are the same rules written for adults, aka The Fine Print. The Board of Trustees of the Milwaukee Art Museum reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to choose to include or not include submission for use online. You agree to grant the Milwaukee Art Museum the non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free right to Reproduce, modify, edit and publish and distribute the images and stories you submit. The Milwaukee Art Museum is not responsible for monitoring, verifying or disproving the identity of any contributor. Any opinions, statements and other third party content are those of the respective authors(s) or distributor(s) and not of the Milwaukee Art Museum. The Milwaukee Art Museum does not endorse any such opinion, statement or other material posted in any image.
The Milwaukee Art Museum may at some point wish to further Reproduce (reproduce or store, by any means or any media) some of the images or stories posted. In order to facilitate this, a parent or guardian must agree to grant the Milwaukee Art Museum the non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual royalty-free right to Reproduce, modify, edit, publish and distribute the image or story you submit. The Milwaukee Art Museum reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to choose to include or not include such submission for any such use.
You must own all the rights to any material that you submit. In no event may you submit any material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. You agree that if you do submit such material, you must state the source. You may not post any material that defames any person, invades their privacy, infringes their trademark or other rights, or which is otherwise unlawful. Please see our copyright notice for restrictions on reproducing content on our website.