Fri, Nov 20, 7–11 PM
Presented by: Northwestern Mutual
Bunky Echo-Hawk: Modern Warrior combines Native American topics and hip-hop culture to create edgy performance art LIVE in Windhover Hall.
Other features include:
- Milwaukee rock-and-roll rebels The Living Statues and 88Nine RadioMilwaukee‘s fan-favorite Dori Zori
- Nourishing and natural food and beverage tastings provided by Beans & Barley, Café Manna, Jamba Juice and Urbal Tea
- Complimentary hors d’ouevres offered 7-8pm, specialty Calatrava Lounge menu available until 10pm featuring earth-inspired fare.
- Wild Card Tours of the Larry Sultan: #HereandHome
photography exhibition with an expert from Art’s Cameras Plus
- Contemporary photographer and Redline Milwaukee emerging artist Jake Hill showcases his dynamic breadth of work in the 414 Artist Feature
- Dreamcatcher creation station with guidance from Potawatomi Hotel & Casino’s native historian
FOR MAM MEMBERS ONLY, THE WAIT IS OVER
Members have free admission and exclusive access to the newly renovated and reinstalled Collection Galleries. Join at the door or call 414-224-3284 and become a Member today!
$10 at the door | $8 in advance | FREE for Milwaukee Art Museum Members
Larry Sultan: Here and Home
October 23, 2015–January 24, 2016
“One of photography’s shrewdest observers of American life.”—Wall Street Journal
Larry Sultan: Here and Home is the first retrospective of celebrated California photographer Larry Sultan (1946–2009). The exhibition explores Sultan’s thirty-five-year career, from his early conceptual and collaborative projects of the 1970s to his solo, documentary-style photographs. One of the most influential photographers of his generation, Larry Sultan explored ideas of home, family, belonging, façade, and storytelling in evocative pictures that challenged photographic conventions. Larry Sultan: Here and Home features more than two hundred photographs, a billboard, film, and “Study Hall,” a room offering a unique lens into Sultan’s exploratory process both as an artist and a teacher.
The exhibition is organized by the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
Presenting sponsor: Madeleine & David Lubar
Additional support from: David C. & Sarajean Ruttenberg Arts Foundation
Media partners: Clear Channel Outdoor, 88Nine Radio Milwaukee
Advance Tickets are no longer available for the event. Join us for $10 at the door.
* Collection Galleries open to Museum Members only. Not a Member? New memberships are half off if you sign up at the event! Members also enjoy the benefit of free admission to all MAM After Dark events.